Monday, April 20, 2009

If I could find them, I'd buy them...

A few years ago, I had the opportunity to visit the Copia Wine Center in Napa. In a nutshell, this really cool facility was dedicated to good wine and gardening! Unfortunately, it's been a casualty of the current economy. They hope to reopen one day, and if they do, I highly recommend a visit -- especially if you like to eat and drink wine!

So, while touring the extensive gardens, I spied these red ceramic balls tucked into the planting beds. I like the clean lines and the way you can bring art and color into your garden in an unusual way. Unfortunately, beautiful red ceramic balls aren't standard fare at the local garden center. One day I'll stumble across them and I won't think twice about hauling them home in the back seat of my car!

2 comments:

Heyjami said...

whereas my first thought would have been... ohhhhh... how can we make them? Come on, we can figure it out. Balloon, fine cement... but how to dry it so it stays round...

come on, we can make this a brownie craft!

Eileen, Garden Coach said...

Can you imagine those little girls rolling these into the kiln? I think that might be considered a "high risk" activity by GS!!!